November 16, 2012, Stockholm, Sweden
Hans Manneby’s Memorial Fund for Museum Development, was launched in Sweden since 2009. Hans Manneby was a Swedish innovative museologist who died in 2008. The Fund gives out a prize once a year. This year, they were 12 nominations from throughout the world. The prize winner is identified with help of set criteria which are;
- seek to root museums in contemporary society by operating in close contacts with the world around and a keen awareness of people’s needs
- inspire, gather and disseminate experiences from international and national collaboration
- maintain a broad perspective of learning and develop the museums’ interdisciplinary methodology
- show flexibility and quality in developing museums operations
- contribute to the development of staff and activities with a sense of commitment.
In a letter address to Stephen Inglis, the Hans Manneby Board writes; “We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded the Prize 2012 of the Hans Manneby’s Memorial Fund for Museum Development.”
We, at Aanischaaukamikw Cree Cultural Institute are very proud of the dedication and accomplishments of Stephen Inglis. Congratulations! Keep up the good work.
Stephen Inglis accepted his award on November 10 in Stockholm, Sweden.
For more information please contact:
Marketing & Communication Officer at
418.745.2444 extension 2019 or 418.770.4919