We are seeking an enthusiastic Museum Assistant to work alongside our Registrar, Conservator and Collections Officer for 8 weeks, starting 2 July 2015 and finishing 27 August 2015, to help maintain ACCI’s standards according to our policies and procedures. The Museum Assistant is a full-time, temporary position that reports to the Coordinator of Collections & Exhibitions. Their daily tasks are supervised by the Registrar, Conservator and Collections Officer. This position will assist with basic museum object collection management projects. The language of work is English. French is an asset. Any Cree language abilities are an asset but not required.Students from one of the 9 Cree communities of the Cree Nation are highly encouraged to apply. ACCI can assistwith accommodation arrangements if required.
PREFERRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Ideal for students of pursuing a degree or certificate in Museum Studies, Anthropology, First Nations /Aboriginal studies, Material Culture, Conservation,
Fine / Applied Arts
- Intermediate computer skills required. Candidate should have basic understanding of Microsoft Office programs.
- Candidate should be self-motivated, with a positive approach to work.
- Candidate should have good organisational skills.
- Candidate should be comfortable working at a desk for 7 hours a day, most of which will be on a computer.
- Cree language skills are an asset but not required.
- Students from the 9 Cree communities of the Cree Nation are highly encouraged to apply.
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Full time, 35 hours a week (typically 9am-5pm, evenings and weekend hours may be required)
- Wage: $18.00/hr
Suggested start date: 2 July 2015
Suggested end date: 27 August 2015
Please apply with cover letter outlining your interest and resume by 30 April 2015 to: Laura Phillips, Coordinator of Collections & Exhibits: email@example.com