ACCI seeks an enthusiastic and dedicated individual for the position of DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS. The Director of Programs supervises, leads and manages Museum, Library, Archives, and Education and Interpretation teams in the planning, organizing, development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of public museum and educational programs for the Aanischaaukamikw. The Director of Programs reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for the strategic direction and profile of Aanischaaukamikw’s museum, Cree culture, education, research, and language programs, including communications and gatherings.
This position is responsible for the strategic development of the policies, purpose and content of Aanischaaukamikw’s programs, as well as overseeing the organization, presentation and partnering for programs and activities in education, language, outreach through electronic technology, story-telling and performing arts. This Director is also responsible for hiring, training and supervision of staff.
QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Museum Studies, Museum Education, History, Education, or a related field
- A minimum of four years in a position responsible for cultural program development, management and delivery, ideally within a Cree entity
- Excellent skills in the supervision of staff in a complex environment
- Knowledge and experience with Cree entities and their programs related to culture
- Knowledge and experience in the development of strategic communications initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, both written and for presentations, as well as good public speaking abilities
- Fluency in Cree with the ability to communicate in both of Canada’s official languages is a significant asset
1. Organize and promote Aanischaaukamikw’s museum, cultural, educational, and language programs through electronic technology, story-telling and performing arts
2. Provide oversight and management support for the library, archives, museum, communications, and education branches.
- Organize workloads, develop work plans, effectively prioritize, project budgets and schedules.
- Development and maintenance of budgets
- Implement, evaluate, monitor and adjust programing as required
3. Collaborate with the entire senior management team.
4. Ensure that all programs and activities are managed according to Aanischaaukamikw’s agreements, policies and procedures
5. Represent Aanischaaukamikw in negotiations with potential partners related to the organization and presentation of programs and activities
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Permanent, full-time
- Salary according to ACCI salary scale, plus special allowance